Last updated: September 29, 2020
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
When you visit our site, we may collect certain information about you. Among other things, this information helps us to improve and monitor use of our site. Examples of the general information we may collect about how you use our site include:
- the time and duration of your visit
- the pages that you visit
- your IP address and your internet service provider
- your operating system and CPU speed
- the browser you use
- any websites that you link to our site.
When purchasing products or registering for an account on the website we collect additional information necessary to properly administer your account and provision any purchased products or services. The information we may collect may include:
- Email address
- Login ID and Password
- Company Name
- Phone number
- Credit/Debit Card Information
- Product / Service Purchase History
In addition, if you provide us with personal information by sending us an email or filling out a form on our site, we may collect and use that information in order to contact you or send you more information. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete an order or process information on your behalf. We use Stripe to process payments and do not keep any of your financial data.
Although we employ security measures that we believe are reasonable to protect the personal information of visitors to this site, we do not guarantee that our security measures will protect against the loss or misuse of your information. In addition, we do not guarantee the privacy of any information that you may transmit over the Internet or otherwise.
The Way We Use Information
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. In addition, we use email addresses to deliver products you purchase from us, provide additional information about your product or related product information, manage customer accounts, and provide additional website administrative notices. We use emails to deliver emails for any email newsletters to which you subscribe.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive our email newsletter and special offers. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and may choose to share with advertisers in the future. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Synergy Personal Development does not require that you accept cookies, however, some functionality on our website, such as our product purchase and membership check-out process, and products and services may be disabled if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site and services.
- Where they are essential to make our site work (e.g., a session cookie that allows us to determine if you are logged in and have access to restricted areas of the website)
- To enable the personalization features on our site (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input on line)
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our site. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Types of cookies
- First and third-party cookies: a ‘first’ or ‘third’ party cookie refers to the domain which places the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (i.e. cookies placed by www.synergypersonal development.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that Web site, this would be a third-party cookie (i.e. cookies placed by www.vimeo.com, a service we use for hosting video files).
- Persistent cookies are cookies which remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the Web site that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are cookies which allow Web site operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to delete and block our cookies
Changing your cookie settings
To change your cookie settings within your selected internet browser, refer to the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings specific to each browser, the following links may be helpful. You may also use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for additional details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
How can I withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
What cookies do we use and why?
We collect information about how you use our Web site – e.g., which pages you visit and if you experience any errors or slow site performance. These cookies are only used to help us improve how our Web site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is.
More information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at: All About Cookies
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by accessing your profile in our email marketing system or payment systems. We do not keep onsite information of site users except through these systems.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
Deleting Your Account/Right to be Forgotten
To permanently delete your account, please send an email to [email protected] using the email address attached to your account. Please allow for up to 30 days for you account data to be deleted. Once deleted, your data may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies used to ensure operations of our products and services.
Obtaining a copy of your personal data
If you wish to receive a copy of the personal data we maintain on your account, please contact us at [email protected] using the email address to your account. Please allow for up to 60 days to provide you the requested information.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at [email protected]